Asmuns Hill has a series of pairs of roughcast cottages on either side of a longer terrace, set back from the road. Number 31 is an attractive individual cottage with two thin bay windows extending up into a half-hipped gable. Originally the focal point of Asmuns Hill was the tower of the Club House, a brilliant design from Parker and Unwin's office by Charles Wade, which was alas destroyed by bombing in the last war. The tower again was a combination of German massing and Lutyens detail (in this case derived from his clock tower at the Pleasaunce, Overstrand of 1898 and the oriel windows of Fisher's Hill, Woking of 1900.
The Club House, the main community centre of the artisan village, appropriately overlooked a village green surrounded by a particularly fine series of red brick houses, singly or in terraces. Those immediately opposite the Club House were also damaged by bombing and rebuilt in the neo-Georgian style. Those that survive in the four corners of the crossroads between Asmuns Hill and Willifield Way are in a manner deriving from Philip Webb, with austere sigment-headed windows and towering compositions of gables.
In the north-west corner of Willifield Green a pathway leads to a cul-de-sac off Finchley Road, appropriately called Childs Way, which has a small group of cottages by Herbert Welch (1909), facing the large elementary school now known as Garden Suburb School, erected by Hendon UDC in 1912 and designed by W G Wilson, an architect best known for his planned seaside resort at Thorpeness, Suffolk. Dame Henrietta recalls that the Council needed strong persuasion and Wilson had to provide a revised design before a sufficiently open layout was provided. She was particularly insistent that the playground should be extensive, remembering the small school yards of the East End. Wilson's design is handsome, with large stone-mullioned oriel windows to the assembly hall and an elegant cupola.