At the bottom of Finchley Road, after the long blocks of neo-Georgian flats (Clarendon, Dudley and Montrose Courts), there follows yet another remarkable entrance to the Suburb, Addison Way. This road, laid out in 1911, is perhaps the finest continuous group of houses in the Suburb, all by Parker and Unwin except for a couple of terraces at the far end (numbers 66-76 and 78-88) by Michael Bunney. On the north side of the road there are terraces of two-storey flats, all in red brick, with arched doorways arranged in triplets and an asymmetrical composition of gables, with tall arch-panelled chimneys. At the back where there is a pleasant public walk along the edge of the Mutton Brook, there are ingeniously designed outside staircases up to the upper flats. On the other side of the road there are individual houses in terraces, the arched doors this time placed singly and alternating with doors under bracketed hoods. The detailing throughout is extraordinarily good, yet so simple as to be almost indescribable - the canted bay windows to the ground floor, for example, could hardly be done better and still seem up to date.
At the centre of Addison Way where Hogarth Hill comes down to meet it, there is the finest of Parker and Unwin's groupings of cottages around a road junction. The two Hogarth Hill terraces, numbers 28-36 and 35-43 are splayed out diagonally, the roof line being kept level on the steep hillside, so that the corners towards Addison Way become towers. The range opposite in Addison Way (numbers 57-79) is of two and a half stories, with maisonettes on the upper level, reached up open stairways to a broad first floor gallery, enclosed with brick piers and oak balustrades. Again there are corner towers, this time of three stories. The detailing in all three terraces is uniformly in red brick. Then along Addison Way follow more flats and terrace houses in red brick.